- “Crouching Heron, Hidden Flock” Sculpture, 2014
- “Vega Series” Paintings, 2009
- “Pygmalion” Modelling, 2013
- D'Ambrosio architecture + urbanism Web Design & Dev.
- Pacific Essences Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- James Gauer Architecture + Design Web Design & Dev.
- Spa Space Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- InSync Physiotherapy Web Design & Dev.
- E Y Properties Ltd. Photography, Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- Trailblazer Business Adventures Illustration, Web Design & Dev.
- Heron Rock Bistro Photography, Menu Design, Web Design & Dev.
- Radio Seaport Logo, Web Design & Dev.
- Caribbean Property Development Web Design & Dev.
- Mercedes Ghosh Jazz Vocalist Web Design & Dev.
- Econo+Green Plan Web Design & Dev.
- Compass Electric Logo, Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- Crooked Goose Bistro Photography, Menu Design, Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- Excel Physiotherapy Logo, Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- Blooms 'N Loons + Gallery 212 Logo, Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- Pacific Essences: Chooser Graphic Design, Web Design & Dev.
- Oxford University Press, New York Illustration: Two Children's Readers
Brandon Leudke, Artist
What I Do
- Graphic Design
- Web Design & Development, Software Development & Programming
- Painting, Drawing, Illustration & Photography
- Fine Art Modelling, Performance Art & Acting
- Large Scale Private & Public Art Projects: Construction & Consultation.
- Mosaic & Sculpture
- Copywriting & Editing
- Project Management
- Print & Display Services: Epson wide format digital printing; Aluminum and bamboo display and banner stands: portable displays and trade-show displays. Print brokering services available.
Who "We" Are
- Leudke Creative is mostly "just me", but sometimes — when the coding gets tough — also “a team of experienced programmers and designers available for unique & challenging projects… nice people who do good work.”
- Our team has extensive experience designing graphic materials and programming websites.
- We strive towards a common goal of developing highly functional and elegant print materials and websites — documents and sites that people can comprehend immediately, navigate easily and find what they need quickly.
- We are committed to achieving your goals, while providing exceptional design to your project — design that embodies your principles, and those of your project, while conveying information in a clear, intuitive manor.
- We develop solutions that allow for ease of maintenance and updates through scalable and effective content management systems that are suitable to your needs, yet inexpensive.
- Our programmers possess superior skill at programming fast, trouble-free sites using the latest standards and most efficient approaches. We are excited to work with you from concept to delivery — to design and develop a website that will exceed your expectations.
- Our design and production processes produce excellent results with good communication: first by defining clear and concise goals for each stage of development and then by providing the best solutions while ensuring opportunities for your review during the work flow.
- As demonstrated by our recent projects, we have the ability to produce intelligent, sophisticated designs with enhanced functionality, at various project scales.
- Together, as team of web development specialists, we have the collective skill and experience to create and deliver successful graphic and web solutions.
“Crouching Heron, Hidden Flock”
Sculpture at Herons Landing, Victoria, BC
by Brandon Leudke, LEUDKE CREATIVE, 2014
Artist: Brandon Leudke
Title: “Crouching Heron, Hidden Flock”
Medium: Steel heron (2.5m high), steel reeds, steel address numbers "3185", glass tile mosaic, stone, architectural lighting
Client: Private Commission
Location:"Herons Landing", 3185 Tillicum Road, Victoria, BC, Canada
One night, while walking along the Songhees Walkway, I caught the view of a crouching heron that would become the inspiration for my sculpture. Standing on one leg, motionless, this heron would have been easy to miss had my mind’s wandering thoughts not paid heed to my peripheral vision, which was directing me to appreciate the beauty of the moment before me. I stood there with that bird for over half an hour, contemplating his superb focus and patience while also admiring his delicate silhouette and graceful thinness. Was there ever another bird so exquisitely efficient in function and yet so meditatively beautiful in form?
Living and working on the Victoria waterfront has afforded me many opportunities to observe and reflect on the habits of the local heron population, particularly their posture of crouching in still waters in wait of fish. During the daytime, I would compare the heron’s ways to those of the other birds — the noise and confusion of the vulturous seagulls surrounding the heron and hoarding any available fish remnants — to the hectic ways of the people of the city, with their cars, planes, boats, sirens and so forth. I admired the “way” of the heron, whose stillness is extraordinary. Does one ever become likewise, impervious to all of the busyness and distractions of the city?
The heron’s uncanny punctuality also struck me, as we’d come to meet at that same spot most nights thereafter. Now that seasons and habits have changed, when he doesn’t show up, I can go to Herons Landing to see him crouching in his newly conceptualized habitat, atop a custom glass tile mosaic “water” motif, amidst rust laded rocks.
As a major landmark and beacon to the city, the Crouching Heron is clearly visible from the road; yet, it is by navigating the sculpture on foot that the steel bird is brought to life. The scale of the work, standing at 2.5 m, was determined such that passersby would become the metaphorical “flock” surrounding the Crouching Heron. This is a proud bird: a satisfied and observant one who is at once impervious to, and yet keenly aware of, his surroundings — and us.
May 25, 2014
- Artist: Brandon Leudke, LEUDKE CREATIVE:
- Concept: renderings and design development drawings, steel cut pattern, etc.
- Project management: fabrication, supervision, etc.
- Steel finishing: grinding, polishing, coating, etc.
- Photography: construction phtoto documentation & art photography
- Mosaic: Custom glass tile mosaic designed by Brandon Leudke, LEUDKE CREATIVE, and installed in collaboration with Wiktor Szczurek, VIK TILES
- Client: Ernie Yakimovich, E Y PROPERTIES LTD (Private Commission)
- Design-build & construction management: Doug Yakimovich, MATRIX CONSTRUCTION, assisted by Paul, carpenter, and Ernie Yakimovich, E Y PROPERTIES LTD; in collaboration with Brandon Leudke, LEUDKE CREATIVE
- Structural Engineering: Sameer Hasham & Dan Weber, Read Jones Christoffersen (engineering specifications and drawings)
- Steel cutting: EPPIC WATERJET
- Welding: ALLIANCE ENGINEERING
- "Autumn gold" boulders: K2 STONE
- Foundation: FARMER CONSTRUCTION
- Electrical: BRIDGE SYSTEMS
- Lighting: MCLAREN LIGHTING, Mike McDougall
- Volunteers: Special thanks to all of you who assisted along the way to opening day, February 20, 2014; especially Grazyna, Monia, Finn (a.k.a. Bubba Guadalupe Chico Rivera the 1st), Monika, Doug and Sameer, who went beyond the call of duty by volunteering their time — at the wee hours, in the wildest of winds — to help make this art come to life
Paintings by Brandon Leudke, LEUDKE CREATIVE, 2009
Artist: Brandon Leudke
Title: “Vega Series;
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Dimensions 6'x9' ('Vega 01' shown here), 4'x7.5', nine 4'x4' paintings (total of 228 sq. ft.)
Client: Vega (Formerly "Sequel Naturals"), Vancouver, BC, Canada
Location:"Herons Landing", 3185 Tillicum Road, Victoria, BC, Canada
One of eleven paintings totalling over 250 sq. ft. of work, this large 9’w x 6’h boardroom piece incorporates visual themes, styles and materials consistent with Sequel Naturals’ vision, message, products and workspace. In the style of abstract mysticism/symbolism, these paintings and the sculpture feature visually compelling design and colour motifs as well as the bold palette of the company’s natural product source ingredients and their native locations.
Salute to Pygmalion painting by J. Gerome based on the classic story of Pygmalion, a poor artist in love with his sculpture.
Artist: Darek Galon
Makeup/body paint: Aleta Eliasen
Models: Xevv McRoberts and Brandon Leudke
Light consultant: Jon Hoadley
Title: Pygmalion 1
Edition: Limited Edition of 25, Open Edition
Medium: Inkjet Print
Available sizes: 11x14 print only, 17x22 LE, 16x23 LE Mounted For Sale
Gallery: Gallery Vibrante.com — Artist: Derek Galon (Choose category: Nude
Tags: Conceptual, woman, man, portrait, nude
Jean-Leon Gerome, the prominent artist of Orientalism movement, was a keen follower of photography and adopted this new media for his work. He was an indefatigable traveller to the Middle East, frequently accompanied by a photographer. Gerome’s technique was of impeccable precision, and some of his paintings have almost visual reality and crispness of Photorealism. Derek’s Pygmaliondrew inspiration from Gerome’s versions of the mythological story of Pygmalion, an artist who fell in love with the sculpture he created. The image depicts the moment when the sculpture of Galatea is brought to life by Pygmalion’s kiss.
“For me, masterpiece paintings are the source of limitless inspiration. No matter how fancy our digital imaging will get, old canvasses will never stop thrilling us” – says Derek. “Photographing architecture and landscape for an everyday living, I return to my world of art images like to my sanctuary, and I treasure every moment of this work. Now, with my art winning medals, getting internationally exhibited and sold, it gives me even more motivation than ever to continue.”